An (almost) Quarter-Life Bucket List

Thursday, January 16, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Thursday, January 16, 2014

It's not surprise that I like setting goals. And making lists. And making lists of goals...you get the picture. And while I may be one of the younger people making a "30 before 30" list, I just say I like being overprepared. Most of the ones I've seen are made when people turn 29 and they are terrified to think that they wasted their 20s and want to quickly finish all the dreams they had. In all honestly I started out making a list of things that I wanted to do before I'm 25, but I had too many ambiguous and long-term goals that I know I want to accomplish, but don't realistically see them happening in the next three years. So now I have an extra five years to finish this list. Which I guess means that there is no reason not to come close to crossing all of these off?

1. Host a dinner party.
2. Buy a home.
3. Send 100 handwritten notes.
4. Visit a city I've never been to.
5. Find (and stick to) an actual beauty routine.
6. Purchase furniture with no assembly required. (aka not from Ikea or Target)
7. Watch all of AFI's 100 Greatest Movies
8. Compile all of my favorite recipes into a cookbook that I publish.
9. Invest in a quality handbag.
10. Visit another continent besides North America and Europe.
11. Pay off my student loans.
12. Learn how to use chopsticks.
13. Experience Christmas in New York.
14. Learn another language. 
15. Get front row tickets to a concert. 
16. Adopt a pet. 
17. Own something from Tiffany & Co.
18. Take cooking classes.
19. Take a trip on the next flight out of town.
20. Start a journal and finish it. 
21. Practice photography. 
22. Open an online business.
23. Participate (and complete) a 30-day challenge.
24. Plant a vegetable garden. And not let it die.
25. Be on a first name basis with a barista. (bonus if they memorize my order)
26. Attend a Coldplay concert.
27. Participate in a 365 photo project.
28. Pay it forward.
29. Attend a music festival.
30. Create my own font.

15 comments:

Pristine Remolona said...

Awesome ist. You're not too young to have it! I just posted mine yesterday and I'm only almost 24.

Leah S. said...

Good luck with your 30 before 30! It's always fun to set goals like this and then look back in a few years to see what you've accomplished!

Tammy Wiederhold said...

I want something Tiffanys too!!!!!

Amy Lynne Hayes said...

This a great list!! So ambitious, and anytime you're feeling unmotivated or uninspired you can simply refer back to it and get fired up again. I should do this too! :)

Annie @ Mismatched Simplicity said...

What a happy little list! I need to seriously work on making more long term goals in my life and holdin myself accountable. Learn how to use chopsticks = priceless.

LifeChangesii said...

I did one of these. It was just a random number..not 30. I wish I could add pay off my student loans. This won't happen until I'm about 50!! Good luck!

Jess Elyse said...

Awesome list! I have a 30 before 30 list as well and I just turned 25. Just wanted to give myself enough time to complete everything...if possible. :)


#11 is definitely on my list as well. Also, I could help you out with #25...if I lived near you. Knowing the regulars and their orders is one of my favorite things about being a barista.


I like these as well and wish I had added them on my list: 7,8,15,16,26


Great list!

Jess Boyd said...

Best of luck with yours! That's so cool that you're a barista. I was always a little jealous of my friends who worked at the coffee shop next to campus.

Jess Boyd said...

If anything on this list won't get accomplished, it would be the part about my student loans! But I really want to have that put behind me as soon as possible. Cross my fingers!

Jess Boyd said...

Thanks! I wanted to try and have a mix of both long term and things I could accomplish now if I took the time and effort. But I think learning how to use chopsticks might fall into the long-term category haha!

Jess Boyd said...

That's exactly what I was thinking! This way I will be able to look back and know that I didn't just waste all of my time either.

Jess Boyd said...

I don't think I could contain my excitement if I am ever given something in that iconic blue box!

Jess Boyd said...

Thanks so much! Can't wait to start checking a few off the list soon :)

Jess Boyd said...

Glad I'm not alone! When I was looking for ideas of things to include, most everyone else made them when they turned 29 and were scared that they had wasted their 20s.

abby - little city adventures said...

I made one of those for myself as well! I called it "20 Before 21"