Coffee Talk Vol. 2

Saturday, January 4, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Have you had to go back to work or school yet? Or are you enjoying one last week to mentally prepare for life to begin again after your holiday? Either way, Saturdays were made for relaxing and laying in bed a little longer. 
  • What is your theme word for 2014? Elizabeth chose "Hunger": to hunger for the Truth, for His word and His righteousness. I cannot wait to see how this intentionality will affect her year. I am still trying to choose my theme, but I'll keep you posted. 
  • I can't wait for the kick-off of The Creative Collective, organized by Melyssa. In keeping with the previous post, we have until Jan. 15 to come up with a theme word for 2014, which is the first prompt of the series. 
  • 23 ways to be more productive as a blogger via PR Daily. My favorite tip: Don't edit as you write. Just write, and edit later. That's what the second draft was created for. 
  • Tartine bakery in NYC (aka my favorite place on earth) released a new cookbook reinventing their traditional pastry recipes with whole grains, nut milks and alternative sweeteners. Which means that you can eat more of them and not feel guilty because they are good for you, right? 
  • I had another successful Target shopping day (but let's be honest, when is a Target shopping trip not a good one?) I am now an e.l.f. primer convert. Seriously it is Smashbox primer for $6 instead of $30. Plus, I got this planner from Sugar Paper

15 comments:

Claire (@Kurea_San) said...

First day back was yesterday (gulp), but now I have the weekend to relax and catch up on my blog reading. Happy New Year!
Claire xx
http://somewhereyonder.blogspot.co.uk

Alyssa Dillon said...

I just love this new weekly feature!
I am so excited about the creative collective as well! I have no idea what my word will be though.
Great links! cannot wait to check them out.
-Alyssa


http://www.pinchoflyss.blogspot.com

LifeChangesii said...

I go back Monday after having two weeks off. I am not looking forward to it. Loving the link for 23 ways to be a more productive blogger. Thanks.

Kaylee said...

I LOVE that planner! I may have to go snag one.

Claire said...

Ooh those productive blogging tips are fab - thanks! Happy new year!

Elizabeth Mayberry said...

i have been so debating on grabbing a real planner - i miss the days before my smart phone but my smart phone is just so much more convenient!! ahhh!

Jess said...

I use a weird hybrid of google calendar and a written one. There's just something about having it all written down that makes it seem more official. But if it's an event I know I needed to be reminded of, I ALWAYS put it in my phone.

Jess said...

Glad they helped! Now if only it was easy enough to put them to use. Happy new year to you, too!

Jess said...

I'm OBSESSED with their entire line for target!

Jess said...

It's so much harder to go back in January than school in August. Christmas holiday is just never quite long enough!

Jess said...

So glad you like this! I need to set some time aside to really brainstorm what I want my word to be, too.

Jess said...

Isn't it nice to slowly ease into the swing of things again? Thanks for stopping by!

Pristine Remolona said...

I'm so jealous of everyone's new planners. I want one but I don't think I'll actually carry it around. Will have to stick to an e-calendar

Elizabeth Mayberry said...

I am a huge fan of the google - and I also have a shared one with my husband so i can know when he schedules things! i have a blog journal that i write a lot of dates in to make it feel like a planner! lol

Kayli Schattner said...

Loving your planner and your Coffee Talk volumes! I can't wait to see more :)