Five Minute Face

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

From the countless hours I spent watching What Not to Wear as a child/pre-teen, the idea of Carmindy's "five minute face" was drilled into my head. And I'd like to think that I've now found the perfect makeup routine that fits into my morning schedule. Less time on makeup means more coffee time, and let's face it, more coffee time leads to a better day altogether. Am I right?

It all starts with e.l.f. primer, which at $6 and available at a Target near you, and should be in every makeup bag. It is comparable to Smashbox's photo-finish primer, and honestly I can't tell a difference between the two. Next comes tinted moisturizer (I use Mary Kay). Thankfully my days of acne (and with it harsh facial cleansers and toners) are behind me, so I have swapped out my foundation for a lighter option, especially in the summer. And for those persistent dark circles that never go away even with 8 hours of sleep a night, there is Mary Kay concealer. To brighten things up, I turn to Maybelline's Dream Bounce blush in candy coral.

And for the eyes, three quick swipes of shadow (Mary Kay colors: Crystalline, Espresso and Truffle) and two coats of CoverGirl lash blast volume mascara. I finish it all off with translucent powder and chapstick, and that's it.

What products do you swear by to achieve the "five minute face?"

7 comments:

Bailie @ The Hemborg Wife said...

I am such a fan of tinted moisturizers and right now am using a Nivea BB Cream one that is great for cold weather since it is really thick and helps combat winter skin!

Charlene Maugeri said...

Several people have told me that I need to try primer. That it makes all the difference. I just haven't been able to find one for a good price that I know works well. I love e.l.f. cosmetics though, I guess I have just never seen the primer. I will have to try it!

Alana Barton said...

When I am traveling I go really simple with just some powdered foundation, eyeliner, and mascara. The mascara and eyeliner are usually something generic from target, but the foundation is always from the Body Shop.

Jess Boyd said...

honestly i love all makeup that you can apply with your fingers haha

Jess Boyd said...

when traveling i never want to spend a lot of time doing my makeup. sounds like the perfect effortless routine.

Jess Boyd said...

try the e.l.f. one! it's insanely affordable and in my opinion comparable to the higher-price ones.

Jess Boyd said...

that sounds great! i love bb creams and being able to cut a few products/steps out of my routine.