Friday Favorites: Brunch

Friday, January 31, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport| , , |

Friday, January 31, 2014

It is no surprise that brunch is my favorite meal of the day. Maybe because it is a meal designed for people who want to sleep late. Or that I see it as the perfect diet, because you only eat two meals instead of three. Although, most of my brunches include french toast, so I think that is a moot point.

Here are my favorite brunch foods: 

1. Maple bourbon french toast (in Valdosta, you can find it at Friends Bar & Grill)
Need I say more? If you have a sweet tooth, you will be craving this every Saturday morning. Some of the best dishes are ones that toe the line between brunch and dessert. 

2. Croque Monsieur/Madame and Breakfast Potatoes (pictured at Tartine)
A ham sandwich with melted cheese on top leans more towards the "lunch" part of brunch, but is a great option for those of you who don't like sweets (although I have a hard time understanding you.) But to each his own.

3. Sweet Potato biscuits (in Valdosta, you can find these at Friends Bar & Grill)

I am not a biscuits and gravy person. If we're being honest, I really hate white gravy. So when given the option to choose between biscuits and gravy, or sweet potato biscuits and honey, the choice is pretty obvious. By adding a piece of ham to these, they make a great snack all day long.

4. And for brunch on a budget, there is always pecan waffles and hash browns at Waffle House. 
Fun Fact: The WH at Turner Field is the only non-24 hour WH. 
What are your favorite brunch foods?

11 comments:

meg pitts said...

Love how you explained brunch! I've always felt the same way!

Macy Gutermuth said...

I love brunch! My favorite is anything with a mimosa ;)

Z K said...

aghhhhhh these all look amazing! One of my best friends is super into brunch so that's our "weekday treat." I mostly go for the mimosas. :]

Jess Boyd said...

oh yes, mimosas are a given ;)

Jess Boyd said...

but really! plain straight oj just won't do it for me anymore.

Jess Boyd said...

glad to know i'm not alone! somehow breakfast just seems like it has to be at least somewhat healthy.

Charlene Maugeri said...

Thanks for making me really hungry... lol. And I still can't believe I haven't been to the WH at the ted! And I may never get to... Sad day. And boo on the Braves for moving!

Jess Boyd said...

I happened to be there the first day they opened! Plus, that game started the (18?) game winning streak last season so we decided that WH must be good luck. I am still mad that they are moving. Games just won't be the same outside of the Ted.

Charlene Maugeri said...

No they sure won't. :-(

Megan C. Stroup said...

Mmmm I love brunch!! I love anything with eggs, especially huevos rancheros, chilaquiles and eggs Benedict. And breakfast potatoes. :)

Jess Boyd said...

oh huevos rancheros! we have a restaurant here that only serves egg dishes so they have to get really creative, which is fine by me.