Friday Favorites: Geometric Prints

Friday, January 10, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Friday, January 10, 2014

Dress: Banana Republic | Rug: Lulu & Georgia | Pillow: West Elm | Sweater: J. Crew | Phone Case: Zazzle

I know, I know. Just because the Polar Vortex is moving on does not mean spring is here. Not by a long shot. And I'm thankful for that, because I really do love dressing for winter. I love layers, coats, scarves and boots. I love cozy throw blankets with a good book on the couch. That being said, I will refrain from breaking out the florals just yet. 

In it's place I will enjoy clean lines and patterns. I love geometric prints for both clothes and in the home. But no chevron. Anything but chevron for this girl. 

_____________________________________________________________________

Charlene of From Bisons to Buckeyes and Beyond

Do you set New Year's Resolutions? If so, have you stuck to them? Any tips you find helpful sticking to goals?
I have never been one to set specific goals for my New Year's resolutions. I think doing this is basically setting yourself up for failure. I do however try every year to better myself in some way. This year, for instance, I am going to focus on living a healthier lifestyle. I'm not gonna go on a crazy diet or exercise all the time, but I will try to eat healthier and be more active in general. I am also going to read the Bible more. I am trying to read the whole thing in a year, but if I get off track, I am not going to beat myself up about it. Just being motivated to read is a step up from last year. I have heard that it only takes 21 days to make a habit. So, if you are making New Year's resolutions, force yourself to stick to it for at least 21 days. After that it will be easier! (I am including myself in this as well).

7 comments:

Charlene Maugeri said...

I love all of those prints! I love the idea of the bold geometric print trend but I can't seem to find anything I like enough to buy. It doesn't seem to flatter me. Anyway, thanks for the spotlight!

Kaysie G said...

Oh oh! That pillow is perfect for my teal couches (what was I thinking?) Thanks for sharing! :)

Kayli Schattner said...

Loving all of those prints! Super cute.

Jess said...

I am stalking the BR dress. The moment it goes on sale, I'm pouncing.

Jess said...

You're welcome! I'm one of those people who would rather buy a basic/inexpensive couch and then splurge on pillows and throw blankets to dress it up. That way when my tastes change, it won't break the bank.

Jess said...

They definitely make a statement. It's especially hard for clothing, but if you find anything let me know!

Betsy Gettis said...

So ready for spring, but I do love all you described about dressing for winter! I guess that's why fall is ideal…its not so-frozen-my-ears-hurt cold, but you still get to layer up and be cozy! Anyway, love all of these geometric patterns!