Modern Calligraphy Skillshare Class

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

One of my goals a few weeks ago was to find a calligraphy class or tutorial to put my new pens and ink to good use. And I couldn't be more thrilled with Molly Jacques' class on Skillshare. Her video tutorials walk you step-by-step through understanding the different nibs and supplies, to making your first strokes and ultimately to creating your own alphabet style.
While I am still in the process of tracing over guides and practicing consistency in shape and space, it's been so much fun the past few weeks. I've yet to submit any of my work yet to be critiqued by peers or Molly, so I thought I would share a little bit of it with you first. Perhaps you'll be a less judging audience? 
I can't wait to keep moving forward past learning someone else's writing style and creating my own. Who knows, maybe I'll be addressing friends' invitations before too long? 

The next step really is to learn how to keep ink from getting all over my fingers.

12 comments:

Megan Thudium said...

So pretty!! I've always wanted to learn that. Have the supplies and everything. Maybe once I get out of college, I'll have time.

Kayli Schattner said...

Wow- you're incredible!

Jess Boyd said...

you're too sweet :)

Jess Boyd said...

It's mainly because I didn't show my first few tries haha. But it's such a fun hobby, I can't wait to learn more!

Bailie @ The Hemborg Wife said...

That is really awesome looking!

Samantha@Elah Tree said...

This is fantastic! I'm totally going to have to check in to this! You work looks great!

Megan Madison said...

This is so pretty! I've always found calligraphy really interesting.

Liliana said...

wow amazing! You're really good at this!

Kelsey said...

this is awesome, i am so terrible at calligraphy! love love!

your blog is adorable, so happy i found it! && I am your newest follower hey-o!

xo, Kelsey Belle | Happie Reading Blog

Jess Boyd said...

Thank you so much! It's still a work in progress, but it's turning into a really fun hobby.

Megan C. Stroup said...

Wow, that looks awesome! What a neat skill. :)

TheJessaOlsonBlog said...

This is awesome!! I want to learn how to do this..