Recipe: York Peppermint Brownies

Saturday, January 11, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Elizabeth is one of those bloggers
who you feel like you can be best friends
with instantly. 

She's constantly sharing words of encouragement, 
a Harry Potter reference,
or a winter outfit post that has me (almost) wishing 
I didn't live in a tropical climate
so I could embrace the layered look. 

And now she has a delectable recipe that 
will impress you next gathering. 
And you all know how much I love baking and sweets.

Hello! My name is Elizabeth and I blog over at Oak + Oats. I am so excited to be guest posting here at A Stamp in my Passport! I love winter and the new year and snow and making treats and staying warm and feeding friends and drinking hot coco and such. I wanted to share with you my mother's secret recipe (that is all over pinterest now) because it is so easy and a great go to dessert for the holiday season! 

I make easy treats. I am not not much of a backer/ cook / person who enjoys spending time alone in my kitchen. These brownies are right up my ally because they are seriously the easiest thing ever. also, they are Ridings family tradition. my mom made these all the time growing up - school snacks, bible study dessert, birthday foods, potlucks, and all that. probably because she is a lot like me!

WHAT YOU NEED:
- box of brownie mix (& required ingredients)
       vegetable oil
       2 eggs
       water
- bag of york peppermint patties

WHAT YOU DO:
1. mix together the brownie mix following the instructions on the box
2. put in the oven for a couple minutes less than the box tells you to
3. when the timer beeps, add unwrapped mints to the top of the brownies
4. put back in oven for 3-4 minutes
5. use a spoon (sprayed with pam) to spread the melted mints on top of the brownies
6. let cool & enjoy!!!! 

5 comments:

Claire (@Kurea_San) said...

Wow - looks super yummy. I often lay down oreos in the bottom of my brownie tray and then pour my brownie mix over them. Works delicious wonders!
Claire xx
somewhere... beyond the sea

Louisa @ My Family & Abruzzo said...

I've heard of Peppermint Patties, but I don't think we can get them here in the uk. Just as well for my waistline - they look soooo good!

Megan C. Stroup said...

Oh my goodness NOM! These look delicious. Also, your description of Elizabeth's blog looks right up my alley! Going to check it out now....

LifeChangesii said...

OMG!!!! This is the last thing I needed to see. (slumps head in shame) I've been craving sweets all week!

αmվ. said...

OMG. These look AMAZING! I'm going to have to save this recipe for a future baking adventure.