Weekly Wishes No. 11 // Regroup

Monday, January 6, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Monday, January 6, 2014

How has the first weekend of 2014 treat you? Swell, I hope. As I'm writing this I'm watching the season premier of Downton Abbey. But can I tell you a secret? I already watched the whole season. I couldn't help myself, I hate waiting for shows to air in the U.S. But I solemnly swear that I won't give away any spoilers on this blog. However much that I may want to discuss it with you over a pot of lady grey tea (milk poured in first, obviously.)

1 // Get back into a routine. I'm starting an internship on Wednesday and also continuing to work part-time so needless to say, my schedule of going to sleep at 2 and waking up at 10 can't continue. I'm a creature of habit, especially with my morning routine, so this is much appreciated.

2 // Begin this skillshare class. You may have seen my list of calligraphy tutorials earlier, and I've finally picked one out. Can't wait to begin! I'm sure I will be writing lots of notes to have practice hand addressing envelopes. 

3 // Finalize a monthly budget and stick to it. I've moved back home to save some money and I would love to not blow all of the extra on excessive trips to Target. There are vacation plans to  Scandinavia (whale safaris in matching reindeer sweaters anyone?) floating around in the air, plus an eventual IKEA trip to make this year.

linking up with Melyssa of The Nectar Collective.

5 comments:

Kailagh said...

I need to get a monthly budget very badly! I have a horrible habit of just spending spending spending, when really I need to be saving saving saving! And the routine thing, I completely understand. I can't wait to get back into mine! Just need to get back to school :)


xo. Kailagh

Liliana said...

Awesome, yes set a budget there's nothing worst than blowing extra cash you can be saving. I would love to study calligraphy, something about it is so pretty and i love to write so it's something great to learn and a perfect skill to have.

Kayli Schattner said...

So excited to hear about your Skillshare class- I've been wanting to try one out myself for a while now!

Z K said...

Woop woop on the internship! Those can always be a bit of a draw, so good luck!

Jess // Foreign Room said...

I'm with you on all of these! Well, except for the Skillshare class, but I'm looking forward to taking one for the Creative Collective and have thought about taking this one. I definitely need some budgeting help and getting back into a routine as well. I went back to work this week, and am heading back to school next week, so I will definitely have to stop staying up until 2am! Good luck this week :)

xoxo Jess
Foreign Room