And On Wednesdays We Wear Glasses

Monday, September 8, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Monday, September 8, 2014



After reading this post on Little Lessons in a Big City, I knew I had to do something similar. I absolutely love my Warby Parker glasses (currently wearing Wilkie in Sugar Maple) and at $95 for frames and lenses, it's easy for me to justify buying multiple pairs. And to complete the look based on my new favorite frames, a cable knit sweater and the most perfect metallic oxfords. I like to call this my studious look.

Besides the price and home try-on program, Warby Parker also has a "buy one, give one" program. For every pair purchased, they donate a pair to someone who doesn't have access to corrective eyewear. As someone who has worn glasses since third grade, I know the feeling of seeing the world through new eyes for the first time after putting glasses on. As your eyesight gradually gets worse you get used to seeing the world with blurry lines. After putting glasses on and seeing every single leaf on a tree, or being able to actually read what the teacher is writing on the board is amazing. 

Do you have Warby Parker frames? Which ones are you favorite?

2 comments:

Camila said...

I love a good pair of glasses! I go to a special eye doctor and they have stylist that help you pick out what's best for your face and I really love that! I hate when I'm pressured to just buy the most expensive pair!

Jess said...

That's awesome that they have someone tell you what will flatter your face. It's usually the frames that you wouldn't pick out on your own.