Sponsor Spotlight Q&A: Bree West

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Tuesday, January 20, 2015


I am so excited to introduce this month's Jetsetter sponsor, Bree of Bree West. She is a fellow young professional blogging to find a creative outlet and constantly finding ways to see the world. You can follow along with her adventures on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Stop by and say hello! 

Tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog. 
I'm a 24 year old, travel obsessed postgrad fumbling my way through my first corporate job and trying to figure out exactly what I want to be when I grow up. bree west started as a creative outlet when I first started my job and has grown into a community of people going through similar challenges we face as young professionals! I write about travel, fashion, work-life balance, and pretty much everything in between.


How do you balance your wanderlust with your postgrad work schedule/budget?

I don't know if balance is a great word for it honestly ha! I have a tendency to prioritize my wanderlust (not always the best/smartest plan) I feel like I'm at an age and place in my life where this is the time to see as much of the world as I can. With that said budget definitely plays a major role a my entry level job doesn't necessarily allow me to jet off to Dubai at a moments notice, I try to limit myself to 2 international trips a year and one domestic trip a month! 


Any trips on the horizon or on your wishlist?

Yes!! Several, actually. I'm heading back to Charleston (which has become one of my favorite destinations in the world) and a few other really exciting ones that I can't quite tell you about them yet. Definitely follow along to hear about them as I can announce more details! 


I loved your post about reasons why you should travel alone! What moments from those trips stand out the most to you?

Thanks so much!! From my last solo trip to Iceland I was walking back to the hotel after spending the day at the Blue Lagoon and I all of a sudden became incredibly overwhelmed. I stopped and took a few minutes to look around and try and absorb all of the beauty that was surrounding me, I felt so insignificant and inspired. That was a big turning point for me in my life, I have a lot of really exciting things on the horizon because of those few moments in Iceland! There's something about traveling alone that forces you to reflect and really think about your life and what is and isn't working.


How do you take your tea/coffee/latte?

I love hot tea, any kind really it doesn't matter. Every once in a while at this time of year I'll have a skinny peppermint mocha latte!


If you could have lunch with one person, who would it be and why?

Jinna Yang. Lately she has been motivating me to live a life that I have been dreaming of for years. Her philosophy on life is seriously inspiring and I love following her adventures.

No comments: